GHS Provides Details Of The 28 Persons Who Died From COVID-19

The Ghana Health Service (GHS) has provided details of the 28 persons who have so far succumbed to COVID-19 in the country.

The list which was provided in the latest COVID-19 update gave the underlying health conditions responsible for the deaths.

Although the list did not mention the names of the victims, their ages and gender were provided in a tabular format.

The data showed that the majority of the patients who succumbed to the battle against COVID-19 had Hypertension, Diabetes Mellitus, Asthma, and Liver diseases.

Three persons on the list, however, died without any underlying health conditions.

The three are a 9-year old, 32-year-old and 20-year-old who are 2nd, 12th and 23rd on the list.

Seventeen (17) of the victims, representing 61 percent of the number were males with the remaining 11 representing 39 percent being females.

RELATED: Female patient died of infectious covid-19 in Ho, Volta Region

Twelve (12) persons on the list representing 43 percent of the total fatalities were above 60 years, persons who were from ages 30 to 60 years were 12 in number, representing another 43 percent.

The remaining four victims which constituted 14 percent of the mortality were below 30 years.

Twenty (20) of the deaths were from the Greater Accra Region, five from Ashanti Region, two from Upper East Region and one from North East Region.

See the data below:

Data on Ghana’s COVID-19 deaths

Meanwhile, Ghana has recorded 108 new cases of COVID-19, bringing the total number to 5,638 and 1,460 recoveries as of May 15, 2020.

SOURCE: Ghana News Agency

Kweku Jasper
Kweku Jasper
I am a multi talented African son growing up in a cold but hot world, where nothing is what it seems to be. I am an optimist by faith, R.N by profession, Web developer by practice, Tech preacher by decision, promoter by love, blogger by inspiration, photographer by occupation, marketer by calling, satirist by tribe, entrepreneur by origin, events manager by love, non-bias and rich by choice, illustrious by divine arrangement and Ghanaian by law. I am a Data Scientist by curiosity, ML & AI fun, a Cybersecurity advocate, SEO consultant & a UI/UX Researcher. Simply put, I am all things to all men at all times.
Latest news
- Advertisement -


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

error: Content is protected !!